Sunday, February 21, 2010

Invested

Today I became financially invested in my adventure. I purchased the maps I will use for my route across the U.S. Now there is no turning back.

The route I will take is approximately 3,800 miles long and starts in Washington D.C. and ends in San Francisco. For a look at the route you can check out this website http://www.adventurecycling.org/routes/network.cfm. On the right side of the page there is a link named "Map of all ACA Routes." If you click that link a map will open and if you just follow the colored lines from Washington D.C. to San Francisco you will see the route I intend to take.

Also, here is a list of some of the cities I will be passing through:

Washington D.C.
Fredericksburg, VA
Richmond, VA
Charlottesville, VA
Christiansburg, VA
Demascus, VA
Elkhorn City, KY
Berea, KY
Bardstown, KY
Sonora, KY
Dixon, KY
Murphysboro, IL
Chester, IL
Farmington, MO
Ellington, MO
Girard, KS
Newton, KS
Alexander, KS
Eads, KS
Pueblo, CO
Poncha Springs, CO
Montrose, CO
Rico, CO
Dolores, CO
Monticello, UT
Blanding, UT
Hanksville, UT
Grover, UT
Escalante, UT
Cedar City, UT
Milford, UT
Baker, NV
Eureka, NV
Fallon, NV
Carson City, NV
Woodlands, CA
Folsom, CA
Davis, CA
San Francisco, CA

Anyone want to meet me anywhere?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Joe!

    Berea, KY, is a place we want to visit. There is a college there where students don't pay tuition; they work 10 hours a week instead. Also, bell hooks, one of Nana's favorite authors, is on the faculty there. We intend to hit it either on the way to, or from, Michigan this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's hard for me to know where I will be on any given day but, I will certainly keep this in mind. It would be great if we could meet! I'll look at the maps and give you an estimate on when I think I might be rolling through Berea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berea is approximately 900 miles from the starting point. So, a very rough estimate for when I will be reaching there would be in early to mid June.

    ReplyDelete