Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 62 - My Birthday

So, I'm 23 years old now. Still so young.

I started riding from Fallon to Carson City at around 10AM. I felt good considering the long mileage of the previous day. The services were every 10 miles or so and I stopped at all of them just because I could. I'm spoiled now. I can get a cold Gatorade whenever I want.

I took my time getting to the capital of Nevada and got myself another hotel room. I'm really treating myself on my birthday. I took two showers today!

After the shower, I sank pretty deep into the bed in the hotel. But, it's my birthday! I should go out to dinner and get some drinks, right? Well, the number to Domino's pizza was on the room key and the idea of someone bringing food to me sounded much nicer than having to go out and get it. I ordered a medium pizza with breadsticks.

I also have to re-tape the rims of my wheels and wash my clothes. It's not a typical birthday celebration but, I will tell ya what, I'm happy. That's all that matters.


Sure beats cake and candles.

California tomorrow.


life=good

2 comments:

  1. happy 23rd birthday Joe from Coop's mom!
    wonderful trip you have had and almost done. one state left. quite an accomplishment. i was worried in Nevada with those short updates but you have since updated and all sounds well.
    i like the life=good. keep pedaling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe;
    Happy Birthday. Brian is really getting used to having a car...so take your time!! Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete